Mumbai crossed a record breaking temperature this summer and while we were scared as we slowly slided from a minimal winter into what a precursor to summer, we prayed we wouldn’t have to somehow enter the hell that the Indian summer is. But, now that we are, we better find ways to make our way safely out. So, we come to your rescue and give you some suggestions to beat the summer heat.
- If you’re feeling immensely hot, then you can get instant relief by rubbing ice cubes on your pulse points.
- Eat spicy foods as it makes you sweat more and that would restore the cool in your body.
- If you wish to make your car cooler, then make use of this cool trip that the Japanese make use of to cool their cars and it sure is handy in summers when our cars tend to get really hot. Roll down one of the windows and open and close the door opposite the window to push the hot air out of the car.
- Chill your mattress by placing ice gels underneath. You can also sleep on wet sheets.
- Aloe Vera has great cooling properties and it proves to be a great soother. USe it in the form of sprays or apply on burn marks for relief
- Keep your room warm by keeping the windows shut or having insulated curtains to block the hot air from entertaining the room.
Keeping yourself hydrated and stepping out at late hours in the evening are some other obvious tips.